Work with us
Haere mai ki te mahi i konei
Youth Content Creator
SOUNZ is looking for a Youth Content Creator who will be responsible for assisting the Marketing Manager in implementing SOUNZ’s Youth Engagement Strategy. Focusing specifically on digital engagement and building awareness for the music of Aotearoa New Zealand.
To apply, please send your CV and a cover letter to firstname.lastname@example.org before 5pm Friday 10 March. For a copy of the Job Description, please download here.
Financial Administrator | Kaiwhakarite Pūtea
SOUNZ Centre for New Zealand Music | Toi te Arapūoru
Permanent part-time role (20 hours per week)
Te Aro, Wellington location
We are looking for an experienced Financial Administrator | Kaiwhakarite Pūtea to join our small and highly collaborative team. The role is for 20 hours per week, Monday to Friday, based in our Wellington office. Our mission is to champion and promote the sounds and music of Aotearoa New Zealand, which we do through a range of services and activities. This role supports the work of all staff and includes management of all finances and accounts, processing orders for national and international customers, stock management, maintaining debtors and creditors, financial reporting and, as a member of a small team, looking after our general office needs.
The Financial Administrator will ensure that our business needs are met by:
· Managing all financial matters including cash flow and banking
· Debtor and creditor management
· Preparing and reconciling monthly and quarterly financial reports
· Preparing annual accounts for auditing
· Maintaining the fixed asset register
· Managing inventory
· Payroll management and knowledge of related legislation
· Statutory IRD returns
· Overseeing and maintaining library and Friends memberships
· Calculating and paying annual composer royalties
· Assisting with customer enquiries
· Maintaining board records
· Other duties as needed
· Demonstrated skills using cloud based accounting software including Xero, inventory systems and Excel/Word
· Experience in office and financial administration in a retail and/or arts environment
· Strong organisational skills with meticulous attention to detail
· Strong team player, with ability to work independently
· A commitment to the principles of the Treaty of Waitangi
· NZ residency or valid work permit.
To apply, please send your CV and a cover letter to email@example.com before 5pm Wedneday 22 March. For a copy of the Job Description, please download here .
Contact firstname.lastname@example.org for more details if required.